Monday, June 17, 2013

The Universe's Universal Lesson...

Universal laws are always at work...

The most amazing thing happened Friday.  My co-worker Consuela and I were chatting after work; as we usually do.  However, this week we really hadn't had the opportunity to chat, like we typically do, because life got in the way.  As we were chatting we ran into another co-worker, Barb; we hadn't seen her in well over a week.  As usual, we discussed each others jewelry - we are all fanatics over our jewelry.  As we were chatting it up about our lovely accessories, Barb starts to tell us about how she lost her diamond bracelet the day before.  I asked her if she'd looked everywhere and she told me yes.  The only place she hadn't looked was under her car seats and that was because we'd had horrible storms the night she lost it.

She was SO heartbroken and I felt her pain.  I know what it was like to lose something that meant so much to you.  She told us that it was sentimental to her because it was the first thing she purchased for herself after her divorce.  It was not only beautiful, but it also gave her a source of strength that was okay and that she'd come through the other side.  She was really choked up about it.

It reminded me of the time I'd lost my Grams' wedding band.  I'd inherited her wedding set when she passed.  My Grams wanted me married SO badly, she's even continuing from the grave.  It was SO important to me that I never wanted to change the size of the ring because it was a way of me holding on to every part of her.  Since the ring was too big, I opted to just wear the band around my neck on a chain.

At the time of my Grams' passing I was dating this guy named Joe.  I remember whispering in her ear that I'd met a really great guy and who knows where it could go.  After she passed things with Joe were good; but close to the time I found out he was going to propose, I found out he was cheating on me.  It was a little before that time that I lost the wedding band necklace.  I was DEVASTATED! I searched high and low for that necklace... I had my car detailed, nothing.  I had my house cleaned and searched, nothing.  I had all of my drains emptied, nothing.  I remember sitting down crying after searching for what seemed like weeks; afraid to tell my mom in fear of how disappointed she would be - and yes, I still had a healthy fear of my parents WELL into my 30s.

Finally the night I broke up with Joe, I parked my car at home and sat in my car for a few minutes, just staring at the stars from my sunroof.  I spoke to my Grams, as I often do; and I asked her to help me find some peace.  I was just drained from the loss of the necklace and dealing with Joe.  I took a deep breath and just let go.  As I was getting out of the car, I dropped my keys on the side of the seat between the seat and the arm rest.  As I reached down to grab the keys, up came the necklace with them.  I was EXCITED; but what the actual hell - I'd looked there!

I feel like my Grams was letting me know a few things: 1) that Joe was not the one - she was disapproving even from the grave; and 2) more importantly, she was telling me that when you focus on things too strongly and too much, you are sure to lose sight of it.  See, I'd focused SO much on finding the necklace and ring that I couldn't focus on anything else.  And it looks like I'd actually lost sight of it. So when I switched my focus and let go of the loss of the ring I was able to allow the process of it finding me to take place.

I told Barb that story about my Grams and told her to just take a pause and let the Universe do its work. When you stop worrying and focusing on something, it will find you.  Barb thanked us for the advice and told us she was letting go of it, then she left.  Just a few minutes later, as we were dispersing, she came running around the corner shouting - I FOUND IT.  It was on the ground in the parking space next to where she'd parked the night before.  It had been there for two full days and no one picked it up and no car ran over it.  She was so happy; and we were all elated.  We hugged and thanked God/Universe. 

It's just amazing.  Imagine the amount of things that can be achieved if we all just let go of things and allow them to happen as they will.  The lesson in this story, other than let Grams pick my future husband even from the grave, is twofold. When you let go of everything, preconceived notions, people, things, etc., what you actually need will find its way to you.  The Universe understands and respects that there is a time and place for everything; and sometimes when we lose sight of things, we have to be reminded of their value.  But more importantly, I've learned that when we are willing to lose something, I mean truly lose something, will we truly be able to gain it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment